SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a boatyard to repaint my hull (topsides & bottom paint) in the Seattle /San Juan Islands?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Csr in Seattle is well thought of. As is Seaview.
Pettit in olympia.
Sea Marine in Port Townsend.

There are others if you want a paint job. If you want a remove all, add epoxy sprayed, faired etc to race. One place, CSR in Seatle. DesMoines branch may do ok, but the mgr has said he will send the high tech stuff up north.

Marty

·
Registered
678 Posts
Tom, dont paint, I will help you bring it back, you have excellent gel coat. Btw New Flicka arrived on SJ Coming this way soon, young kid and his sweetheart.

·
Registered
95 Posts
CSR in Seattle is indeed well thought of... Seaview, not so much. See this recent Facebook thread (which poses a similar question; you might find some useful answers in the comments about local yards) for the general sentiment.

As one commenter put it, "If our boat was sinking right in front of their Travel-Lift, I'd still have to think long and hard about it before hauling out at Seaview."

Having had similarly terrible experiences with them, I couldn't put it better myself!

When it comes to painting I've always done it myself so can't say particularly who is best at that. In terms of general yard practices and service, I would second CSR in Seattle and Sea Marine in PT, both of which I've had good luck with on other sorts of jobs.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I would agree CSR is probably a better place to be at than Seaview. There is a place here in Edmonds where I am too. Seems to do pretty good work from what some others local have said.......the painting requirements are a real PITA though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts