SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Responsible, mature Canadian couple seeks partnership in an offshore capable boat to sail the Caribbean from December to May. Boat should be (or will be):

- maintained to a high standard (and we are willing to participate)
- 35 to 40 feet
- between $35K - $45K range (each):)

He is an experienced skipper and meticulous; she has seven summers of crewing under her belt. Currently own a 30 foot C&C coastal cruiser in British Columbia.

Both have Power Squadron operator’s licences and are active members of B.C.’s Bluewater Cruising Association (BCA ). She is an outgoing editor of the organization's magazine (June 2008).

Anyone interested on the East Coast?

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Good luck with this... boat partnerships are pretty complicated and can be problematic, especially if you get the wrong partner. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boat partnership

Thank you Saildog. I saw your comments from an earlier posting.

We have a very successful partnership on our boat here, and understand the advantages and limitations. It is an approach we are thinking about for the other side of the continent.

·
Spam, Food of the Seagods
212 Posts
I would not do this. My choice. :eek:

I have known friends that have done "Time Share" Condos, Boats, Businesses, Camping Cabins and even a Thoroughbred Race Horse. It seldom works well. :(

What I would do in this situation, and I not say it the Best idea. But, maybe just Rent/Charter a boat when you want???? :confused:

But, from what I have seen, I would just buy my boat outright and no one else have a say about what the boat do. ;)

This my opinion. I not want to see anyone get into a bad deal with something that needs to be fun, Fun, FUN!!!! :D

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
$40K will get you the exact partnership that you paid for.

Translation? Find another tack. Or check into a long seasonal lease/rental deal with one of the charter companies........

Good luck

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Pikake - Seems you have a leg up on the whole partnership idea with a successful one under your belt. Yes, it can happen, and be a happy "marriage". You're living proof. But you're also one of very few people I've ever heard say it works. So I guess if anyone can make it happen in a good way, you can! Good luck finding the right person(s).

Personally, I could never share my woman with another boat. I mean, my boat with another woman. I mean, oh well, nevermind... :eek:

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Pikake - Seems you have a leg up on the whole partnership idea with a successful one under your belt. Yes, it can happen, and be a happy "marriage". You're living proof. :eek:

The divorce rate here is pushing 60 percent. But still better odds than the Lotto..............:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts