SailNet Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my beautiful 1979 Spirit 6.5. I have throughly enjoyed this boat but I'm moving up to a bigger boat.
Asking $6500
Pop-Top Model with 6 foot plus Headroom when up
New Gauhauer Genoa blocks
New Gauhauer Double Rope Clutches, All Halyards Running to Cockpit
New halyards and Sheets
1 Main Sail, 110 Jib, 150 Drifter, Storm Sail
New 6 foot Genoa Tracks
Boom Vang
New Stainless Steel Keel Cable
Kick-up Rudder is all fiberglass - not the wood rudder
New LED Nav, and Cabin Lighting
Interior cushions
Cockpit Cushions
New Kenwood Marine Stereo with Wired Cockpit Remote
2 New Cabin Ventilation Fans
20 Watt Solar Panel Battery Charger
5 Life Jackets, 2 Throw able PFD's, 3 Fenders
Porta-Potty
New Stainless Steel Transom Mounted Swim Ladder
25 lb Anchor with 150 ft chain/rope rode in Deck Pipe
2012 6hp Mercury 4 stroke, Long Shaft Outboard on Lifting Motor Bracket
Heavy Duty Single Axle Trailer with Keel Guide and Bunk

Boat is located in Shreveport, Louisiana.
If anyone is interested, please do not hesitate to contact me on here or by phone or text. (318) 272-6196

James

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Port is the spinnaker(black) and headsail(red) halyards. Starboard is the main halyard(blue) and the lazy jacks (green). I can easily reach the boom vang and single line reefing from the cockpit as well. I use an asymmetrical spinnaker, so no need for pole or topping lift.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I woild highly recommend rope clutches like I used. Mine are Garhauer but there are many others to chose from. They are pricey but well worth the cost. This boat had almost no running rigging when I bought her. I spent quite a bit of time and money rigging her but since it was never done before, I didn't have any old mistakes to fix or patch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, I appreciate everything you have done to help the North American community, but I have one more request before you sell the boat.

Please solve the dilemma of the front fitting for the pop top. Can you take a picture of the attachment done with the mast. I know I can used many different ways to attach the top to the mast, but I really like to keep every thing close to original design.

Tks again and hope the best to you. Wish your boat goes to good hands.-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never seen the original hardware for the pop top. There are 2 Spirit 23's and 2 6.5's in my marina and none have the original hardware. I bolted a surface mount eyebolt to the pop top and then a d shackle to the mast slider. I then put the vang snap shackle thru both. Works great!!! I'll add a pic when I get a chance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for replaying. I was thinking of a Spring Loaded Stainless Steel Deck Hinge Boat Bimini Top Fitting with a stainless steel backing plate. I really wanted to keep it original, but looks like a modification is in order. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure how that would work. It is my understanding the pop top and the vang should be attached to the mast slider, hence the two holes on the mast slider. This has the added benefit of preventing the top from falling by shorting the vang when the top is up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.