SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to now I paid extra attention to replies posted by "senior members".

I just saw that my status has been so upgraded.

I guess the software can't tell from dozens of posts if you are spouting the wisdom borne of your experience of just pissing away time you should be working asking questions out of profound ignorance.

freaky

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Heh-heh, scary ain't it Hert! I fall into the latter camp.

Now say something smart will you so we can keep up the charade!

·
1,000 Posts
Posting has nothing to do with experince or knowledge..

There are hundreds of guys here with thousands of posts, that know didly squat about sailing..

YET..they are members...and respect them for that!!

Now, go chew a car tyre

·
Wind and pie move my boat.
428 Posts
maybe after 100 posts they should start going back down to zero again so we don't always have to be senior members . I have to go now & try to find where I left my glasses

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and another thing

Seriously, I've been involved in online communities for a long time an this one is better than most.

I'd like to see it become better still. They've taken away the "rep power" function and labeleing someone a "Senior Member" after they've posted 100 stupid questions is a disservice to new comers. I've been here over a year and until yesterday I really thought "senior member" implied some longevity that could be linked to credibility.

So, if any of the moderators or actual senior people would chime in as to what could be done to give newbies a clue as to the credibility of an individual I think it could be big improvement.

thanks

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
If you read enough posts, you'll know who has credibility and who is just talking trash.. :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
CKG—

No worries... I don't get mad...I get even... ;) MUHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAA...
I agree with SD even though he's NOT one of those credible ones :D:D:D

J/K SD :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts