SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SailGunner
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a contract on our retirement house in Punta Gorda, FL. We will be able to have our sailboat in the back yard with access to the world! Home prices have fallen so drastically that we can now afford our dream whereas two years ago it was unattainable. When we move there within three years I will need to sell my 30 footer and buy a 40 footer. I can't wait to retire but the only down side is I will have to be older.

·
SailGunner
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When is always a question

I could move now but would sure hate to be without funds after a few years of inflation. It is tough to estimate what you'll need 10-30 years from now. My doctor said I would live to be 104 so I am planning on it and if I don't make it I won't know the difference.

·
SailGunner
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes - Oh Charlie

Cesarid,

Punta Gorda, FL? I remember Hurricane Charlie laying a direct hit on that locale in 2005 or was it 2006?

Now the dip in the market is good for you but don't repeat the mistakes of the past, cuz you failed to remember them. Buy the house but, but keep the dinghy at your dock and your 40 footer somewheres safe.

Good to hear a retirement is attainable.
Yes, Charlie hit Punta Gorda head on. The house I am buying sustained little damage, without hurrican shutters. What are the odds - two Hurricanes in the same place? Is that like lightening? I figure that is what insurance is for so long as I have notice to get out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.