SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Reaction score
Maine Sail,

Is there an actual link to the article from YM? or just the "generic" results an pics available online?

I'd be interested to see the actual results for the individual props them selves, vs just fixed lock vs unlocked prop, or folding or feathering. IE results for maxprop vs kiwi vs fixed etc.

Marty

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Reaction score
I would SWAG that "MOST" racers today will skip the fixed prop and buy a feather/folding prop vs using a fixed prop in ANY position be it aligned or not with the keel.

The only racers I know that use fixed props are more "Cruiser" oriented than race oriented. Even if I had a true cruiser, I would personally have a non fixed prop. But that is me. I realize MS does like the fixed props, something to do with crab/lobster pots, but I'd still take a feathering/folding if racing on a regular basis. Because the PHRF rating hit, is not as bad as the how much slower you go. Usually more like 12-15 secs a mile with only a 6 sec credit, at least here in the NW US.

Marty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.