I recall the pic. This may not be the thread, but I'd love to hear your thoughts about the charter business down there this coming Winter. I've decided not to send CYOA a deposit and just wait and see what happens and what may be available if life looks better in Feb/Mar. Does a CYOA survive, do the individual owners of the fleet make their payments, etc?Glad you are going to get ahead of this. Will be a big relief, I am sure.
My old boat was on the hard in St Thomas for Irma - actually fell onto Pizza Pi... you are right that well secured boats fared better provided nothing else hit them - that was the problem for a lot of boats still in the water -all the badly secured boats crashing into them.
For us here in Tyrrel, the farther south the better as that will keep the winds in the eastern quadrant, even if they are stronger. We're well protected to the east, north and south. West is the only direction that will give us a hassle.The NOAA afternoon update has it failing to move north and retaining hurricane force through the islands - seems a hard one to read as other models are all over the place.... but bodes well for Outbound even if loading runs a little slower than planned.