SailNet Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Master Mariner
8,957 Posts
Keep your eyes to the East Capta. Think there’s going to be a lot of waves and little shear. Maybe it will peak in September as usual but note they are up to G already. My initial plan was sail back myself in the spring of 2021 or in November and go to the keys. Think this is going to be an unusual season so don’t let up your guard. Glad you made out ok.
Yeah thanks, we see it. It's a bit early for any prognostication. I really want to see the Atlantic high move east, but I haven't seen any indication of any significant systems moving down from our northern neighbors. Come on Canada, do your thing. lol

·
Master Mariner
8,957 Posts
I got a couple of three models going that show it possibly heading for Tobago again, but taking a right turn and going up just east of the islands to somewhere north of Guadeloupe. Here they diverge a bit some show crossing the islands between Guadeloupe and St Martin, and one above, but they all agree that around there it will turn west and go north of Puerto Rico and Hispaniola then turning north to skirt just east of the Bahamas.
This obviously means the belief is that the Atlantic high will move east, but to what degree is as yet uncertain.
No time to let down our guard, but a ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy looking season.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Keep your eyes to the East Capta. Think there’s going to be a lot of waves and little shear. Maybe it will peak in September as usual but note they are up to G already....
With Hanna crossing the Gulf Coast, we are further ahead than that. If the Atlantic high stays where it is, apparently next waves will lead to storms saying south. Fingers crossed for all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts