SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to find a used Sailrite LSZ Ultrafeed or its predecessor the older version-- the Sailrite Sailmaker with a longer underarm. If anyone in the forum is "done" doing bigger projects, has a machine that is just gathering dust, and is interested in giving theirs up to a new owner, please let me know. Looking for one in a typical "used" price range. I have a wonderful old machine (my mom's she bought in the late '50s) for daily home sewing but I need something robust for repairs and new projects for our boat. Thanks!

·
Barquito
3,683 Posts
If they weren't so expensive to ship, a sewing machine co-op would be a good idea. Most people do a big project, then have no use for the machine for a while.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you have the space, do yourself a favor and get an industrial zigzag. Not much more than a sailrite and much less frustration.

·
Banned
12,366 Posts
Hard to find used Sailrites as most people like us love ours . Maybe someone selling their boat or getting out will have one available.

My wife is never finished with projects and we use it every year to go over our sails and touch the up...especially the UV so it's more than just large projects.

While their are other machines as Lazer has pointed out which are comporable or slightly better, our Sailrite is portable in its case can sew without electricity with the big wheel so repairs at the boat are doable and long term cruisers can stow them away in a small footprint.

Our machine has saved us thousands in canvas costs as well as sail loft fees. Donna is almost finished our second dodger ( first one lasted 10 years and still had life. This along saved us $2000. This machine has paid for itself countless times already in the 10 years we've had it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts