SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bristol 29.9
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again the helpfull staff at West Marine has come thru with somewhat flying colors. In all fairness I can not blame them for DOMETIC droping the ball. I placed an order (pre paid and NEVER again) for a 15,000 btu ac unit 42 days ago. The helpfull staff at West Marine tells me it is all DOMETIC'S fault, but on the other hand they are not going out of their way to rectify the situation either. Any suggestion? Has anyone else had experiences like this with either company? I would not be as upset but my wife has cancer and as a last wish she wanted to live aboard a boat, so I got one for her. A nice Bristol, but the AC unit was bad and as part of the deal it was going to be replaced, I wish I had been told in advance that it would be sometime far off in the future.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You prepaid wm not dometic. Get your money back and tell wm they will get their money when you get your ac. If you had ordered directly from dometic they likely would not charge your cc until the item was shipped.

Otherwise call mermaid and order one of theirs. They have great customer support and will not let you down. No relation, blah, blah, blah.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts