SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
S/V Sabbatical
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my air breeze wind generator on a mizzen mast mount that allows it to spin 360 degrees. When the blades are in line with the mast there is only about two inches of clearance. This would be fine except my mizzen halyard and down haul run outside of the mast and they are the closest point to the blades. I am worried that if there is a time when there is slack in the lines and wind directly off the beam, that the lines will foul the propeller.

Does anyone know of a commercially available product that will shield the lines and keep them tight against the mast for a 12" run? I would really rather not pay someone to fabricate this.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
how about some of these dead eyes you couls put 2 top and 2 bottom of the area you need to keep them under control for. they would be a low load, so it would be easy enough to drill and tap, or even pop rivit

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
A piece of plastic or aluminum could easily be bent and pop-riveted to the mast to accomplish that.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
A piece of plastic or aluminum could easily be bent and pop-riveted to the mast to accomplish that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts