SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<<>>
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this old Shipmate kero/diesel galley stove for over 30 years, and I'm not ready yet to make the leap to propane for a number of reasons. Now it seems that Force 10, who used to sell replacement heater burners (which fit the old Shipmate stoves perfectly) is no longer selling them. Force 10 told me the company that makes them went belly up.

Does anyone know of any other supplier of these kerosene/diesel burners and parts? (Put a call into A&H already...waiting to hear back.)

·
<<>>
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shipmate/Force 10 stove burner - low flow

While I'm at it, I may as well ask the community whether anyone else has this problem with these kero burners:

After a few years of heavy use, the flow rate in the Force 10 burner replacements for the Shipmate stove starts to drop off to the point where the stove is on permanent "low". No amount of disassembly, cleaning and rebuilding seems to help with the problem, but pop a new burner on that line, and presto! all better.

·
<<>>
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
solvents &tc.

Right, I should try something more aggressive, like MEK perhaps. So far I've just used kerosene and a wire brush.

Btw. From my original paperwork on the stove, I find that the Shipmate burner part number was #4195, while the Force 10 equivalent (or perhaps the Optimus equivalent?) was 207b. Can anyone verify?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also had the same slow loss of output

My current working theory is that the heated kerosene leaves carbon deposits in the preheat tubes which eventually constrict the flow. I don't know of a solvent that would clean it out though. I'm trying base-camp too, but also saw a link to a german company (can't post whole link, you'll have to figure it out...)

hytta (dot) de (slash) kocher (slash) Zubehoer-fuer-Petroleumkocher,414 (dot) htm

where the top item on the list looks like what we're after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.