SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Shipmate 710CH pressurized kero heater in my boat which is still quite functional but could use some new parts. The cleaning needle assembly is obviously gone so I have to occasionally clean the nozzle manually and I believe the nozzle orifice has become too large from wear. When on full blast, it gets TOO hot and it's hard to keep a clean blue flame when turned down. It looks like a standard kero burner assembly and it's possible that the burner could be changed out entirely with a new one. Has anyone replaced/renovated one of these lately? The thing is very efficient, warms the cabin nicely and I'd like to service it and keep it.

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've emailed some of the outfits mentioned with no response. It will probably take pulling the thing apart and adapting an available burner. There are lots of this type burner still around. I'm not concerned about a smaller output, and would actually like to put a smaller burner in because it produces plenty even on low. Am not on the boat when it's really cold. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts