SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to move my boat from the Southampton area to Stamford, CT.

The boat is a wooden sloop, 35 ft 1966.

Does anyone know a good shipping company and what kind of costs I should expect? Also any information on rules for importing and re-registering.

Thank you.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking to move my boat from the Southampton area to Stamford, CT.

The boat is a wooden sloop, 35 ft 1966.

Does anyone know a good shipping company and what kind of costs I should expect? Also any information on rules for importing and re-registering.

Thank you.

John

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
Not offhand, Jim, but if she is UK flagged and you want to bring it into the US without reflagging it...or with reflagging it...or as cargo versus on her own bottom...

Everything will be different. You might want to check with US Customs, ICE, the USCG, to see what your options will cost you.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You can use Dockwise as a reference (Yacht Transport, Boat Transport) for the top end of the quality and price spectrum. The first quote you will get from them will be the official rate; oftentimes if you contact them a couple of weeks before their boat departs and they are not full you can get very discounted rates - but if they are full then you are "s.o.l.". dockwise sails to Providence, RI but mainly into Port Everglades. I know they also sail out of Southampton but don't know their schedule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts