SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate some comments and advice. This past weekend I found that the main breaker kept clipping off when I hooked up shore power. Tested the dockside outlet, cable and receptacle onboard. All good. Got down to the main breaker and found that the black ground wire was burned a bit.

I of course will be calling a yacht electrician, but would appreciate any comments so that I could be better educated about what to do. I am supposing that this could have been caused by a voltage spike from shore power and just replacing the wire and box will be fine. BUT, I am concerned that there could be a fault within the boat and how to ascertain this.

The boat is a 1985 Wauquiez Hood 38 Mark II. Got it in March. No problems until now.

My best to all and thank you in advance.

John
S/V Invictus
lying Deale MD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi...is this John who is docked next to Neshuma at Herrington North? Just saying hello....this is Sonny''s sailing friend. Hope you get your electrical problem straight. Marlene

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Hi Marlene. Thanks for the note, great screen name. Stop by sometime and I will show you and Sonny the boat.

Still researching the electrical problem, but since DC power is unaffected...I will be sailing this weekend :)

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts