SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Its small chat starter, this is where u can brag a little ;)
I get it all the time with mine, no one here seems to know anything about mine or knows what it is until told.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Wow sounds like I triggered some latent boat envy. Maybe we need a "prettiest boat" contest with contestants submitting 3 photos with one under sail. Soon as I get my teak done I will start...

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Just got this pic of sailing today... thought it might fit here. Please ignore ugly fold-a-boat on foredeck... I will take that dingy off the boat before any contest pics. :-0

Attachments

We have a broad blue stripe on our topsides, so of course, she must be a Hallberg-Rassy right? Never mind the two boats look nothing alike; they both have a big blue stripe. And this from seasoned sailors, not dock walkers, some even HR owners. Unfathomable. What is it they say about assuming?
Eh, I would have guessed that your boat was an HR form the small thumbnail pic. :eek:

I guess if I thought about it I would remember that the only HR ketch rigs that I've seen were flush deck and you have a raised cabin trunk, so it's not likely an HR, but your boat isn't too far off. Thick blue stripe, man, thick blue stripe.

FWIW, I've had people insist that my boat was "one of them Taiwan built boats."

If they said "Hey...is that your piece of crap" you could be offended. :laugher

Only if you want to. If you are looking to snap at some one, here is your chance.

You could just ignore them. Or you could explain what a rare jewel she is and educate the tourist, Your choice really.

HAVE FUN!
O'

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.