SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Grampian 34 Ketch
71 Posts
Y’all all have some beautiful boats!

Here’s pic of Everlasting Moon on the Indian River a few years ago.....
How do like your dinghy? We have a WB as well, love how it rows and we carry its sail kit on board as well. (Though I don't seem to use it as much as I'd like to!)

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,060 Posts
How do like your dinghy? We have a WB as well, love how it rows and we carry its sail kit on board as well. (Though I don't seem to use it as much as I'd like to!)
I love the WB....it suits my purposes perfectly! I love that it rows well for getting exercise and stealthy exploring of small creeks and inlets, the sail kit makes it a fun knock-about, and with the float tubes it’s easy to climb in and out of when snorkeling or diving. It handles two adults well, although in a chop you’re both likely to get a bit damp :)

It’s not a rocket ship under power, but I’ve never felt that to be a major drawback.

Reactions: aeaston

·
Freedom isn't free
3,057 Posts
Isn't that where a boom normally goes?

Mark
Some bubblehead thought it was a good idea to move the gooseneck up, you know so they could clear a 2nd bimini. That made a dramatic difference in how the boat sailed. Now the goose is back below the black band where it belongs.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
These are a couple recent ones actually. We were on a shake down sail a couple weeks after Hurricane Sally hit us. You’ll notice the rashed up top side and missing stuff on the top of the mast. A boat next to us rigging came loose and wrapped around our mast, tore the chicken, anchor light, VHF and some of the wiring out of the mast.
B2F723C1-3F31-4E23-AF93-4CE1DEC3EB9D.jpeg
4F303721-392F-403B-A597-643DD4C8DB8E.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very old picture but please forgive me, I'm a very old sailor and life has moved on. Halfway to Hawaii (i.e. over 1000 miles to the nearest land) on my Cal 40 sailing in the first Single-Handed Transpac Race. 13 days, didn't win but it was a great trip.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts