SailNet Community banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Hunter 386
652 Posts
Thats actually not a bad idea! Somebody needs to get on that!

BTW you are in Alberta? That doesn't look like Alberta...
Sure... rub it in... I haven't seen the poor thing, sails or not, in a year now. :(

She's having a lovely, snowles winter in Nanaimo...

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,072 Posts
How do like your dinghy? We have a WB as well, love how it rows and we carry its sail kit on board as well. (Though I don't seem to use it as much as I'd like to!)
I love the WB....it suits my purposes perfectly! I love that it rows well for getting exercise and stealthy exploring of small creeks and inlets, the sail kit makes it a fun knock-about, and with the float tubes it's easy to climb in and out of when snorkeling or diving. It handles two adults well, although in a chop you're both likely to get a bit damp :)

It's not a rocket ship under power, but I've never felt that to be a major drawback.

Reactions: aeaston

·
Freedom isn't free
3,133 Posts
Isn't that where a boom normally goes?

Mark
Some bubblehead thought it was a good idea to move the gooseneck up, you know so they could clear a 2nd bimini. That made a dramatic difference in how the boat sailed. Now the goose is back below the black band where it belongs.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
These are a couple recent ones actually. We were on a shake down sail a couple weeks after Hurricane Sally hit us. You'll notice the rashed up top side and missing stuff on the top of the mast. A boat next to us rigging came loose and wrapped around our mast, tore the chicken, anchor light, VHF and some of the wiring out of the mast.
Sky Sail Liquid Watercraft Water
Recreation Boat Watercraft Outdoor recreation Sail

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.