SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum,

I'm wondering if there is a website or other resource for sailors who want to sail interesting places in the world as crew. I have been thinking about bareboat chartering in places like the BVI or south Pacific, but it's hard to find 4 other people who have time off and can chip in for the boat. I'm going to New Zealand next month and was interested in crew opportunities.

I've seen the "crew wanted" forum, but that's not exactly what I had in mind.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Roger

·
Superior Sailor
1,032 Posts
I've seen the "crew wanted" forum, but that's not exactly what I had in mind.
Well...what did you have in mind...?

That's where captins and crew hook up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the crew wanted forum is great. I was just wondering if there were more structured charter programs where people like myself can sign up for a berth in a boat in a given part of the world. There are similar programs like mahina.com (which is a sailing school) or clipper ships around the world race (which is a race).

Maybe what I'm looking for is a charter company that supplies the ship and captain and crews can sign up for various length trips. It would make it easy for singles like me who want to do charters in cool places, but don't have 3-4 friends to share the cost and work with.

It could be that what I'm looking for doesn't exist. But if it does, I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Roger

·
3,506 Posts
Try findacrew.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
When in New Zealand try:-
crew.org.nz - the online home of New Zealand sailing
Go to 'Forums', then 'Classifieds', then to 'CrewFind'. You might get lucky.

If not there is racing every Friday evening at Westhaven Marina in Auckland, with the Richmond Yacht club (Richmond Yacht Club - The Club for the Boating Enthusiast), aimed at getting newbies on the water.

Most evenings, if you know where to go, you can find a spot on a boat for the evening round-the-cans race. Just be prepared to be rail-meat and have a few rums afterwards.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts