SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
sure sounds like its bent!

man I feel for you...you need to start thinking on ways to defend yourself against these guys and get your money back and boat fixed properly

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
I've had requests for the name of the service company but I don't have enough posts to send private mail.
I'll hold off telling the list until the bill has been settled. So far they want $2880 for repairs, but maybe they'll be reasonable. :laugher

I chose the marina partially because they have a fancy boat lift that doesn't use slings. We were in a marina that had a Travelift and saw numerous instances of slings lifting on prop shafts. I wonder how many of those boats ended up with a bent shaft. :(

The rudder is bent slightly but they won't admit responsibility because there is no visible damage to the fiberglass portion of the rudder assy. When I ask how else it could have been bent I get a blank look and some mumbling that something else must be causing the binding. I loosened all the bolts on the radial drive and it helped a tiny bit but it is clearly changed from before. It used to touch very slightly on the other side, not enough to mark the gel coat, now it clears that side by 3mm.

I don't have the finances to hire a lawyer and don't really want to go to small claims court but don't know what other choices I might have. I assume the yard won't splash my boat if I haven't settled with the repair shop.
dude is everyone around there on crack or something?(part in bold, name names! help fellow boaters and sailors in your area!)

any proffesional yard with a half brained travelift operator first thing he asks when hauling a new to him boat is where is the prop shaft and whats the keel rudder design...

then you say keel stops starts here...shaft is here, rudder or skeg is here and they throw the straps in the water and tie them together fore and aft so they dont slip etc

how is it that you have seen a boat(s) being hauled with a strap pushing up against the shaft and that somehow is commonplace around there?

not even here in the jungle are people that careless!

name names, screw them...and fight for your money

no way on hell pay the 2800

sorry thats what I would do.

:)

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
you did one thing right and that is getting your boat in the water...

I too agree small claims court is a tedious process and would of meant more $$$

I think next time you should reserach for more knowledgeable people to work on your boat...seems they simply had you pay up and couldnt care less

those people deserve to shutdown and go bankrupt...thats my opinion...they dont deserve to make money or profit.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.