SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Life is a wild ride!
410 Posts
I will have to admit that one of the biggest reasons we are staying where we are now is because this marina is dirt cheap and the treat us so well.

Since November, when we launched at Kenosha, WI, we discovered there were things we'd like to have for the boat and some work we wanted to do. There will not be another Marina this cheap anytime soon on our route so we decided to stay here for a while. I even got my vehicle out of storage, threw Kentucky No-fault insurance on it and brought here.

It's been good for us because we acquired a Dinghy here. I don't care what anyone tells you, if you have a slow boat with a 5' keel, you need a dinghy.

SO FAR, I really like this life.
There are several good marinas on Kentucky Lake. When I had my boat I kept her in Sugar Creek Bay marina. It's on Blood River. If you don't mind my asking, which marina are you at? When I go kayaking over to LBL (Land Between the Lakes) I usually put in at the ramp at Kenlake Marina and cross the lake at the bridge. I really hope you enjoy the area! Lot's of good fishing if you're into it.

·
Life is a wild ride!
410 Posts
Yeah, Kenlake is pretty sheltered from the main channel. Just watch out for the big cabin cruisers when you head out for a sail. I've seen several heading up or down the channel obviously on autopilot because there was NOBODY to be seen at the helm. That's the main reason I cross at the bridge in my kayak. I can hide behind the columns!

Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.