SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Windseeker
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to find a small sailing dinghy?

I'm looking for something about 10ft loaish, capable of carrying a simple rig, happy to have a trolling motor stuck on the back and perfect for moseying around the harbor with my wife and two kids.

Craigslist occasionally comes close, where else should I look?

·
Registered
23,475 Posts
You could build your own. That would be fun.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,057 Posts
Craigslist, but expand your range... figure out what model(s) you'd prefer, and try a nationwide search using allofcraigs.com

Sailboatlistings will sometimes have smaller boats for cheap, as will sailingtexas.

·
Windseeker
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something like a Fatty Knees or PT11 would do, but cheap. Any model suggestions would be perfect.

Building is sadly a no go right now but if I haven't found one by the summer I may just start the project. Two kids a house a wife a boat and starting a company are keeping my hands full at the moment.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I'm looking for something about 10ft loaish, capable of carrying a simple rig, happy to have a trolling motor stuck on the back and perfect for moseying around the harbor with my wife and two kids.
Do not waste your time with 10 ft dinghies if you want to carry 2 adults and 2 kids on it. Not safe and not comfortable. The minimum size for such a group would be 14 feet with wide beam (6 feet would be ideal). I have sailed Holder 14 for many years and I would say such a dinghy would serve you well. There are many choices and Craigslist is a great source for boats that size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts