SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Reaction score
I've been very happy loading about a dozen frozen water bottles into the frig and using that as an ice box, without even turning it on, for over-night trips. This cools faster than the fridge, is neat, and they are drinkable later in the trip. We also have a tub (cut-down ice tea jug) that holds about 5 pounds of cubes that we use for items that must stay near freezing. Try it. The cooler, after transferring stuff to the fridge, stays in the car or is stashed (MT) in an extra locker, out of the way.

As for non-perishables, some of them will stay on the boat in cupboards for the next trip. I wouldn't want them piled in an ice box.

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Reaction score
arrrrg "frig" it's fridge! lol

fridge (fridʒ)
short for refrigerator.

Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary © 2006-2013 K Dictionaries Ltd.
Frig (frid2)
noun, Informal.
refrigerator.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source

:)

Actually, I would have conjugated frig and used it to describe defrosting, shortening refrigerator instead to fridge (as I did in the second usage), but it seems both forms are accepted, at least by some authority. Of course, it was only an unimportant typo, the result of speed typing on a tablet, justifying neither the notation nor this response.

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Check my screen name! :) Wouldn't leave the slip with a sufficient quantity of quality brews.

A real beer drinker can enjoy his ale warm. Frig the fridge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.