SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I hope your generator carb is built like my Honda Lawn mower, which had a similar problem. Removing the gas tank, air filter, the carb, dismantling the carb, required just one 10mm wrench! What beautiful design, so easy to work on.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Perhaps. It ran without issue for the two years that I owned it and then stopped running within half an hour of the borrower's use. I suspect she added dirty fuel and if that were the case, corrosion would not have had time to occur. I suppose (however loath I am to accede to it) that it is possible that any corrosion could have occurred on my watch and it was simply coincidence that the unit broke down shortly after I loaned it out. In any event, now that it is back up and running, I can disassemble the old carb at my leisure and see what's what.
My apologies, I didn't realize you were using it for business, in which case I completely understand your desire just to get it running. I'd have done the same thing.
I get a little frustrated with the toss it and buy new world we live in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.