SailNet Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait for the sailing season! We just got a foot of snow, but the sun is getting really strong. 2 months away and I hope we will be in the water in our "new" 1969 Tartan 34c. This will be our third boat, moving up from 22 to 26 and now to a beautiful classic boat. Next week we will be spending a couple of days doing an inventory and making a list of priority things to do to get her ready. We are really looking at this boat as the one we will have for years to come..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Know the feeling, tsell. I bought a Catalina 22 a couple of weeks ago-my move up from a Sunfish. It's still sitting in the seller's back yard with a huge pile of snow in front of it that has to melt before we can move it. Not to mention the ice on Irondequoit Bay, where it will be docked.....
I was reading "Fifty Places to Sail Before You Die" today and the yearning was building. With the snow and cold, 2 months seems wildly optimistic, but that doesn't stop the anticipation, does it?

·
Chastened
4,861 Posts
I can't wait for the sailing season! We just got a foot of snow, but the sun is getting really strong. 2 months away and I hope we will be in the water in our "new" 1969 Tartan 34c. This will be our third boat, moving up from 22 to 26 and now to a beautiful classic boat. Next week we will be spending a couple of days doing an inventory and making a list of priority things to do to get her ready. We are really looking at this boat as the one we will have for years to come..
Settle down, Beavis.
Boats are iced in like Shackleton's Endurance. No one's going anywhere for a while and even when the thaw comes, your sailing season up there is like, 65 days.

Congrats though, it is a beautiful boat. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
" Settle down, Beavis.
Boats are iced in like Shackleton's Endurance. No one's going anywhere for a while and even when the thaw comes, your sailing season up there is like, 65 days.

Congrats though, it is a beautiful boat."

I know I am probably overly optimistic, but last year we got our boat in in the beginning of May, and hauled November 3, after a nice morning sail, so I am hoping to move the launch date up a couple of weeks. Seems like a waste to have her (and us) out of the water any longer than necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts