SailNet Community banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts
I unsubscribed but I couldn't help coming back for another look.
I guess it's true, everybody loves to watch a trainwreck.

I was not disappointed :devil

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
A little sensitive are we.
Sensitive? There is a sub-forum for those who can't avoid turning everything into a political screed. Keep it where it belongs and no one will have anything to be sensitive about.

But, yeah. I specifically avoid the politics sub-forum. I come here to read about sailing. I am not interested in anyone's political crap, no matter which side of the aisle they might favor. So keep it where it belongs!

·
Registered
631 Posts
The fight with the wife and the tow being dropped are probably related to a bounced check for said tow and the wife admonishing the husband for taking the job without the funds clearing first. This is just conjecture on my part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A little reminiscent of the stubborn kid and the 1939 Angleman ketch "Sea Witch" a couple of years ago.
Good times.

·
Catalina 400 MKII
818 Posts
It's a shame. But be that as it may, I'll bet that John Q. Public (that's you and me) are going to be footing the bill to take care of this environmental mess.

·
Registered
766 Posts
This thread is probably dead, but you can kill some more time and get a few laughs by reading the comments on that FB page that was linked earlier. Someone actually said this:
"Raise her, take everything out that's removable, washer down and you may be able to repower, and new wiring and have a good start to a great project...."

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
lying privilege?

1985 Macgregor 65 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

ear:
Length:
65'
Engine/Fuel Type:
/

Located In:
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hull Material:
Fiberglass
YW#:
78490-2975741

Current Price:
US$ 33,500

65' McGregor sailboat in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Water/keel/hull damage to be determined. Photos, specs, and additional info coming soon.

Photo shown is sistership, not actual boat.

Selling as salvage as is where is.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
That vessel is worth the used value of it's salvageable parts, less the cost to dispose of the remainder. Likely a negative number.

Could be sucker born every minute, that just has to have a 65 footer (they can't actually afford).

101 - 120 of 133 Posts