SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm still flirting with installing solar power on the boat. I just can't see anchoring without it. I have a 2 battery (group 27) bank for everything, a shore charger and the alternator. Is there a good publication that actually shows schematics and how to's etc. for marine applications that might include.... everything, i.e. solar, wind, shore, alternator?

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
"Boat owner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual" by Nigel Calder.
This book has the info you are looking for and much more.

Reactions: Dave_E

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
Hi All,

I'm still flirting with installing solar power on the boat. I just can't see anchoring without it. I have a 2 battery (group 27) bank for everything, a shore charger and the alternator. Is there a good publication that actually shows schematics and how to's etc. for marine applications that might include.... everything, i.e. solar, wind, shore, alternator?

Dave
Solar, wind, shore and alt can, and should, all go to the house bank or better yet a house bank busbar.. Each of these sources should be fused to protect the wire within 7" of the battery. If you want automated charging of the start bank an Echo Charger or a combining relay (ACR/VSR) makes life simple other wise just use the 1/2/BOTH on BOTH when you want to charge the start battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts