SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am redoing my house electrical system.

Looking for recommendations on solar charge controller (mppt), 12V nominal for LIFEPO4, at least 60A/800 W.

Would sort of prefer something with possible addition of wind input and with a load dump when battery fully charged, but that is optional - more than anything looking for a dependable/durable/quality unit, so the wind

All panels are 12V nominal and I want to keep them in parallel, so needs to be 60A @ 12 V. Bank is Lithionics 960 Ah with lithionics bms.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or recommendations

-foofaraw

[Ps although this is my first post as foofaraw, I was previously a member ArgleBargle years ago, but my old email was discontinued & I can't get into my old account]

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
My personal pref would be to have wind on a separate conroller
...and maybe think about splitting the solar too rather than an all on one system...say, starboard and port solar

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Keep wind and solar seperate as they work entirely differenty. Also with Lithioncs only use approved charge sources, eg: Victron for solar.. As for wind there are many different types. Without knowing which wind gen you have it is impossible to recommend a controller.

·
Master Mariner
9,203 Posts
Personally, after 5 years or so of running a windgen, I wouldn't waste my money on another one, unless you live on Pike's Peak. Over a year down here in the tropics, I doubt my average actual hourly input to my batteries is even a quarter of an amp. I have a good Rutland system (not a cheapo) with 5 blades and is's own controller. However, it is quiet, and that was a major factor in buying it.

Reactions: foofaraw
1 - 5 of 5 Posts