SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
Kyoceria warranty PDF says in section C sub section 2h defects and/or failures caused by use on a mobile unit including, but not limited to, vehicles, vessels and any other such mobile unit; here's the PDF link to their warranty KYOCERA Solar » Warranties
So it appears just mounting these on a boat will void the warranty and I have found this same statement in the warranties on all of the panels I have researched

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
newhaul-
The Kyocera warranty excludes defects caused by mobile use, but it does not simply void the warranty for all mobile users, as many other makers do. It also does not appear to exclude damage caused by rain, as Renology does. And then of course, there's the question of how any vendor processes warranty claims, and whether you think they'll be around in ten years in any case.
I think BP are still making solar panels that don't exclude marine and mobile use, among a few other vendors.

Of course, if panels are "half price", you may choose to roll the dice in favor of the discount up front anyway.
The part everyone skips in the warranty " The warranty does not cover failures result from incorrect handling, product modifications, installation, conversion or additions, supplements, operation, natural elements, excessive or deficient energy supply, chemicals, the effect of solid bodies or deliberate damage. If Renogy determines that the problem with the Product is not due to a manufacturing defect. And here's kyocerias language Note : This limited warranty shall exclude cracking of the front glass surface due to external shock from flying objects or external stress. Also.
This Limited Warranty shall not cover defects and/or failures of the PV Module(s) from the following causes even though such defects and/or failures are discovered within the applicable warranty period: defects and/or failures caused by use on a mobile unit including, but not limited to, vehicles, vessels and any other such mobile unit; end quote. Nowhere in either one does it say that the performance warranty is voided by mobile installation

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
The only thing I see as potential issue is the size of the Engel mt27 I can put 4 of them inside my fridge and the freezer section of my installed unit is 24 inch by 24 inch and 6 inches tall and the refer unit I'm installing uses the about 24 ah per day. By the specs he little Engel will use almost the same power

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
OK so it appears that at an ambient temp of 25 c and using as a refer unit we would use approx 40ah per day for the 42 qt unit

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
Brian that's a real nice lil unit and glad to get some real world power data I have several customers considering ice box conversions are the drop ins more efficient in the same basic capacities? My fringe on the s42 is way to big for one of them I'm going holding plate there

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
Using the technautics with a 2.5 inch thick freeze holding place the original was sea freeze with a one inch plate air cooled will post pictures as I do the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.