SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just bought an old Soling built by Abbott. Someone started to restore it and gave up. The hull looks to be in great shape but the rest of the boat needs to be finished being restored. I found a tag showing the builder but no other numbers or HID number. How can I tell what the year the boat may be?
Thanks

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
If it is not stamped on the transom, is there a sail? The sail number and some research should do the trick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No title or registration. The boat was being stored and then abandoned for over ten years. I noticed from different pictures on the internet there seemed to be some design changes in the cockpit floor/bilge area as well as the bulkhead areas. I thought this may give some clues to the different years. as for the sails, most are marked as to what they are and a year. Markings on a main like: "racing only, 1975". I think the oldest I saw was in the early 70's.

·
Old as Dirt!
3,487 Posts
Solings are, in a sense, like the Echells, a "cult boat" and not widely known. You would likely do better contacting (click on) the Soling Association

1 - 7 of 7 Posts