SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Fantastic! Beautiful boat too.

Definitely in the "bookmark for when need to see some sailing videos" category.

Regards,
Brad

Reactions: __floater__

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Did you make these videos? If so, can you tell us about your equipment and how you edited them? They seem much better that typical GoPro videos.
Thanks,
John
Thank you!
Yes I made them all.
Most of the videos were shot using a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone set to 1080p.
Only one video was shot with the GoPro (though more to come) which was "Lonely Beach".
All editing was done with Window's Movie Maker.
Music came off Youtube and was converted using youtube-mp3.org

It says in the forum description to post the links and "we'll take care of the rest". Will someone eventually embed the videos into the thread?

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Just testing an embed...

Nope, It didn't work. For YouTube videos, use just put them in as a link. Not sure how to do Vimeo.

No one comes after you to fix your post, that I know of.

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While an "action cam" may be durable and waterproof, my mobile phone clearly takes better video than the GoPro 1.
Not sure of the video quality of later GoPro models.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,137 Posts
While an "action cam" may be durable and waterproof, my mobile phone clearly takes better video than the GoPro 1.
Not sure of the video quality of later GoPro models.
THIS ^

The Go pro is an overused, and frankly inferior device for quality... For action shots it's indispensable, but the wide lens fish eye that everyone uses to get the whole shot in totally makes it look "cheap."

Your videos have great content, are short enough to want to sit through them all... and your transitions aren't overdone... I love it when you get the sounds overlaid with the music in some of these and the volumes are about equal... because well, we sail, and to us the sounds a sailing vessel makes are unique and musical as well.

Beautiful craft... oh and I hope your depth gauge isn't working... cause those numbers look pretty [consistently] low.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts