SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boat designer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Roger and I'm a sailing forum addict.

I finally got around a quirk in my security software that was preventing me from posting or responding to posts here so I've joined. For some silly reason, I have to post a certain number of times before I can fully participate so here is the first one.

If you like traditional sailing vessels, you might want to take a look at one of the pages on my web site. I'm a naval architect by profession but of sophisticated coastal research vessels. It's been decades since I designed a yacht.

One of the things I can't do until after a certain number of posts is to give you a direct link. Google "Roger Long Marine Architecture" and I'll pop right up. Click the "Other Designs" link to see some of the yachts I designed years ago.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Hey Roger,

Welcome to the asylum. :)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Roger, thanks for your post. I love those "impractical" designs. Really I love traditional boats. I recognize your name, I'm not sure from where. Maybe WoodenBoat, I've read every issue. Maybe Boat Design Quarterly? or from the Friendship Sloop Society? (I own one)
In any case, I enjoyed your site, I love reading about sailing designs, and small craft. Thank you.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Roger—

I'd also recommend the Anything-sailing.com forum. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts