SailNet Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking out some videos on Google and I found some where a guy is converting a rotten sailboat into his office. He is pretty weird, (caucasian with dreads) among other things. (Sorry if I offend anyone, its just odd to me.)

Anyways, in the videos he has a dead oak tree for a mast and ewock fur on the walls. No telling what he will do next.

For those who remember this kind of reminds me of Gui's crazy neighbor, just not as extreme.

Just thought it was interesting...........

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Pain,

Would you knock that off! Really now, you should be ashamed of yourself converting that poor boat into an office! Boats want to float on the water and sail....or motor "gasp" or get paddled or some such other propulsion.......yumpin yiminy this is just disgusting! i realy wish you would not live up to your name sake as well as you do! Its just horrible that you would do such a thing...........

now where was I? oh yeah, heading to boat to gt pfd's etc for ride on someone elses boat tomorrow!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
If I were to convert a boat into an office, I'd take the easy way out: remove keel, sell keel, remove deck, salvage wood, deck gear for sale, put down concrete pad, invert hull, cut door into hull, cover with earth.

Boom...it's an "Earth Ship". Vent the fireplace out through the keel stub and transfer the old portlights into the hull for light and ventilation. Sink the mast into a concrete plug, use the shrouds and stays as guywires and put a big windpower rotor on top to power the office. The office closets go at the "low spots" at either end, and you'd have to give some thought to the head!

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
Yeah, and if he survives the giant kraken attack he can sell the movie rights to Hollywood, too.

I think I'm going to start selling tee shirts:

"I'm off my meds, can I have some of yours?!"

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts

·
Cabin boy
141 Posts
I think a better way to convert a sailboat into your office is to change your career to something that fits, then go sailing.

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
Pain,

Would you knock that off! Really now, you should be ashamed of yourself converting that poor boat into an office! Boats want to float on the water and sail....or motor "gasp" or get paddled or some such other propulsion.......yumpin yiminy this is just disgusting! i realy wish you would not live up to your name sake as well as you do! Its just horrible that you would do such a thing...........

now where was I? oh yeah, heading to boat to gt pfd's etc for ride on someone elses boat tomorrow!
I would never call myself Pumpkin Pie. That's ridiculous. I usually go by Apple Cobbler when I'm trying to hide my true identity.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would never call myself Pumpkin Pie. That's ridiculous. I usually go by Apple Cobbler when I'm trying to hide my true identity.
Well maybe he's a Native American. That would explain what apears to be dreads. Some tribes named a newborn after the first thing or animal the father saw after the birth. Maybe after hearing his first cries, his grandmother bought his father a pie of pumpkin in celebration. Come to think of it, it does explain my handle...two dogs hump'n...Bob for short!:rolleyes:

·
Salty
106 Posts
I admit, it is a bit a strange...but how boring would life be without people like Pumpkin' Pie??? It sounds as he is a good person and father and I applaud his “kooky-ness”. As they grow older, his daughter will have fond memories of her whimsical childhood. I wish there were more people like him around…just not as my immediate neighbor! :D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I admit, it is a bit a strange...but how boring would life be without people like Pumpkin' Pie??? It sounds as he is a good person and father and I applaud his "kooky-ness". As they grow older, his daughter will have fond memories of her whimsical childhood. I wish there were more people like him around…just not as my immediate neighbor! :D
I agree and note that there are more than a few kooky people inhabiting sailboats that float. (Present company excluded, of course). :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
No harm no foul, not my cup of tea; but that keeps things interesting. I wish I had his hair as I lost most of mine in my late 20s. So, if the guy wants locks more power to him. His daughter looks well cared for, can put a full sentence together and obviously has affection for her father. Spending the night in the boat/office together is an adventure she will remember. Although I am firmly in the “…not as my immediate neighbor….” camp.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I told my wife the other day, that we should buy a big old sailboat and bring it up the river to Illinois, plant it up to the waterline on the farm, and live in it. We wouldn't have to pay real estate taxes on a boat. We could raise the sails on special occasions. I saw a huge cement hull boat with a good engine go for a few thousand the other day. Never have to worry about floods!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.