SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This season I have managed a bunch of maintenance but very little sailing. Indeed only 3 days.

At last now we get the chance to move my ship from Ardrishaig (near to Lochgiphead) back to (very close to) my much-missed Loch Ness. We have two canals and some seawater passages to plan.

We are watching the weather and the tides but things do not look too bad for the next week....

Metcheck.com - Atlantic UK Met Office Synoptic Pressure Charts - 12-120hr Forecast

It is a bit late in the season, but I trust the wind will not let us down.

It will be good to get back to Loch Ness again. It is a two hour drive. The current 6 hour drive is too far, really.

Here is to Loch Ness again.... this is Caledonian Canal.... albeit from a hired motor cruiser.....

If ever one of your American boats makes it to here, look me up.

I will stand you a beer, and you can have a sail on Loch Ness. We can find you some mist too, and perhaps a monster.

Rockter.

·
Master Mariner
9,220 Posts
This season I have managed a bunch of maintenance but very little sailing. Indeed only 3 days.

At last now we get the chance to move my ship from Ardrishaig (near to Lochgiphead) back to (very close to) my much-missed Loch Ness. We have two canals and some seawater passages to plan.

We are watching the weather and the tides but things do not look too bad for the next week....

Metcheck.com - Atlantic UK Met Office Synoptic Pressure Charts - 12-120hr Forecast

It is a bit late in the season, but I trust the wind will not let us down.

It will be good to get back to Loch Ness again. It is a two hour drive. The current 6 hour drive is too far, really.

Here is to Loch Ness again.... this is Caledonian Canal.... albeit from a hired motor cruiser.....

If ever one of your American boats makes it to here, look me up.

I will stand you a beer, and you can have a sail on Loch Ness. We can find you some mist too, and perhaps a monster.

Rockter.
Sounds absolutely amazing. How big a boat can get up the canal to the Loch? That would be a fun trip after a TransAt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.