SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,943 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's still a couple feet of snow on the ground the lakes (including Superior) are still iced over, so we have to have something to do!

A friend of mine found this at a thrift store:

We played a round Saturday night. Some of the questions were just dumb (Q: How do you point higher than another boat? A: Sail closer to the wind) and others applied more to when the game was published in 1986 (Q: How many challenger boats were built for the 1987 America's Cup? A: Like anyone alive today remembers that), but most were pretty good.

Has anyone else ever seen this game?

· Registered
2,943 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES!

How the heck did you know that?!

Another good question was Q: What should you do if a mattress catches fire? A: Throw it overboard.

This prompted a lot of discussion, with most people thinking a fire extinguisher would be a better option than dragging a flaming mattress through the cabin. What I want to know is what exactly you were getting up to that you set the mattress on fire! ;)

· Registered
2,943 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Min,

A neighbor of mine found this game in a second hand store and bought it for me. However it did not have the board. By the looks of your photo I have the two decks of cards and the five sailboats and one score card with rules. Can I persuade you to make me a copy of the board?
Yeah, I could take a high-res photo straight on for you.

If you don't want to try to recreate the board you could also play it with a trivial pursuit board. Same setup, six categories, two decks of cards. You'd just have to map the color to the six shapes the sailing game uses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.