SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has happened many times, especially on this forum, where members that have a special interest try and redirect other members. As such:

IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY AN ACTIVE ROLE IN THIS FORUM, OR ANY FORUM ON SAILNET, AND YOU HAVE A SPECIAL INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY, YOU NEED TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS SUCH. THIS INCLUDES BROKERS, BOAT MANUFACTURERS OR EMPLOYEES THEREOF, MAGAZINES, TV SHOWS, SURVEYORS AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP.

The Ground Rules (which may be added to as needed) for this are such:

1) You shall not in any way self promote...this includes links or e-mail addresses.

2) You shall identify yourself and your interest in your signature, your title, or both.

3) You shall not openly promote your company. Take out an ad.

4) You shall not redirect for personal interests.

5) You SHALL be tranparent and forthright.

If we find out otherwise, your posts shall be edited, you may be banned, or both. We may also take further action as needed. Honesty and integrity. This is a place for open discussion amongst new sailors and seasoned salts alike. It is NOT a source for customers. If you want customers, take out an ad. Obviously, there are a LOT of sailors here that will see it.

- CD

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Thanks CD... btw, you mis-spelled customers in the last line. :)

·
1,000 Posts

IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAN AN ACTIVE ROLE IN THIS FORUM, OR ANY FORUM ON SAILNET, AND YOU HAVE A SPECIAL INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY, YOU NEED TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS SUCH. THIS INCLUDES BROKERS, MAGAZINES, TV SHOWS, SURVEYORS AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP.

The Ground Rules (which may be added to as needed) for this are such:

1) You shall not in any way self promote.

2) You shall identify yourself and your interest in your signature, your title, or both.

3) You shall not openly promote your company. Take out an ad.

4) You shall not redirect for personal interests.

5) You SHALL be tranparent and forthright.

- CD
Damn...I am going to be banned..

1) I have a special interest in the marine Industry, it really interests me
2) I have identified my self
3) Are my videos TV shows??? I mean, there was a guy here once invited me to do a TV show, but he never showed up again
4) I also have other special interests, like painting
5) I do self promote, as very good looking extremely good sailor
6) How do I do my signature?? Do I write in the screen with a pen?? I have done it but it did not stay on the white thing in the screen
7) Can I closedly promote my company?? Some people are openy gay.
8) I have redirected special interests several times, but the Hog does it more
9) Transparent ?? how do you do that?? I mean I did once lose some weight but people could still see me.

can I stay?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CD... btw, you mis-spelled customers in the last line. :)
Ugh. Spelling errars. (smile). It is fixed. I am suprised that is all I missed.

BTW, I will leave this thread open so that anyone that has a question about these rules can ask here or can state their purpose here.

- CD

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

3) Are my videos TV shows??? I mean, there was a guy here once invited me to do a TV show, but he never showed up again
6) How do I do my signature?? Do I write in the screen with a pen?? I have done it but it did not stay on the white thing in the screen
9) Transparent ?? how do you do that?? I mean I did once lose some weight but people could still see me.

can I stay?

You really make my job difficult, you know that???!!! (smile)

- CD

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Thanks Cam...that makes more sense...

·
1997 Dehler 33
745 Posts

can I stay?

Giu, that was funny, nicely done !

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
CD - Does that suffice on my avatar for disclosure? And a question: People have in the past asked if anyone knows anything about the Catalina 309 for example. I have stated that we've reviewed that boat for our TV show, and then provided a link to the video on YouTube - not on our own site. I hope that's OK still.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CD - Does that suffice on my avatar for disclosure? And a question: People have in the past asked if anyone knows anything about the Catalina 309 for example. I have stated that we've reviewed that boat for our TV show, and then provided a link to the video on YouTube - not on our own site. I hope that's OK still.
I do not have a problem with that. I do not see where you get compensated out of it. But if you said, "I am running a special on Latt & Att TV for $39.99....," I WOULD have a problem with that.

And I agree with Cam, we welcome your input here.

- CD

·
Registered
350 Posts
Damn there goes my "Hooker's R Us" boat delivery idea...back to the drawing board

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
ok, shameless self promotion here.
I am crippled half dead, marine surveyor, with one foot in the grave and the other holding down a volcano; although you can't tell by looking at me. I don't wear 500.00 deck shoes, 300.00 shorts with 18 pockets, and designer wicking shirts with anybodys logo on them...unless I get them at goodwill for under 3.00(I got standards) My "foulies" consist of a 5 year old pair of yellow contractors slickers that I got at central tractor. (where that brown stain came from, I dunno.) I've got a multimeter plastic (phenolic, I charge more when I call it phenolic) hammer and a moisture meter, and I know how to use 'em so back up.
I'm one cranky SOB, opinionated and I don't really give a rats azz if you have a boat, buy a boat, don't buy a boat or how big your next wives new teats are.

I don't come here to solicit business, if I've learned anything in the time that i've been here its that these bastar*s that call themselves members (using THAT term loosely... "members" HA!) are probably the cheapest sunsabeeches on the planet and they wouldn't pay my fees anyway.

That and figure in that most of them have better skills than half of the of naval architects, electrical engineers, plumbers, SAE certified Diesel and gas engine mechanics, fiberglass and epoxy professionals, carbon fiber layup artists, sail makers, riggers, glass blowers, woodworkers and Lord knows what else, theres nothing I could say to them that they didn't already know anyway. I'm here for the witty banter. And to kidnap me a chicklet, one with a boat. A big boat.
Got a problem with that, kiss my lilly white azz in Macys window on thanksgiving day.
I feel better. (happy place, happy place, happy place) :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts