SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
I have a PS review of my boat, available somehow on the net by a search. Frankly, what a joke! While some of the info was good, other parts, frankly, I think were made up! They claimed 600+ hulls were made in 2 yrs, reality was, only 300 in three years, Altho if you include the later 6 yrs where another 400 were made with the same hull, 2 different deck/sail plans.....then you have over 600, but over 6 yrs! The review claimed some had outboards, but I find no record of that any where, they also claimed 70% were fin keeled, 30 with a CB, again, no record per say, and of the 15 I know of here in the US/Canada, all but one are fins, all but mine have wheels, I have a tiller..........Again, not sure I want to put a lot of faith in some of the reviews. As my boat was also done back in ther early 90's, and some long term issues as I describe below, may not have shown up as of yet!

Anyway,

Jeanneau's, mid 80s and some other brands with glued on foam back vinyl will fall off as the foam is beginning to disinagrate! I've replaced ALL of the hull/head liner in mine. Beneateaus from the same era had the same issues. The Cal 9.2 above may also have some of the same issues, as it was a Ron Holland Jeanneau Rush design, built here in the states, when Cal, Ranger, O'day and Jeanneau were all part of the Bangor Punta conglomaration.

Marty

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.