SailNet Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
I'm pretty careful with storage. Still, I think we've broken one piece of glass in the last eight years. Plastic and metal have worn through and made messes (beer and soda cans especially).
I agree.
Before my Key West to St Martin 13 day bash upwind I forgot to pack away my wine glasses. Accidently just left them where they live above the stove. Didn't need to go into that cupboard for the whole trip so didnt notice them.

Only one broke :laugher

I love glass. Love the feel in the hand and the feel in the mouth, also love china plates and good cutlery... And coffee out of plastic? Never!

If I was living off plastic, paper and toy glasses it would begin to feel like camping.

:)

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Blame SVAuspicious. He set my bar for eating and drinking on board and I haven't lowered it. No reason we can't eat on the boat the same way we eat at home.

Except, no Cheetos or chips on his boat. Teak decks. I don't have to go there until we get Next Boat. :)

I do love licking off the layers of Cheetos goo on my fingers.
If I ever get to meet S/V Auspicious in person I'm coming armed with Cheetoes and a powerful headlamp.... yeah a headlamp with a strobe function.

Hehe

Medsailor

21 - 22 of 22 Posts