SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,674 Posts
Assuming an asymmetric spinnaker, and that you are really asking about the tack: Shackle a block as far forward as you can (definitely forward of the jib) for a tackline. The tackline is shackled to the tack of the spinnaker and run through the block and back somewhere it can be adjusted (to a winch by preference).

On a beam reach, pull the tack down further. As you head more downwind you can ease the tackline. With practice you can even get the sail to rotate somewhat to windward and increase projected area.

You may find you have to reef the main to get air into the spinnaker on a broad reach and down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is nothing in front of the jib. The jib is a roller furling and the bottom of it is attached to the front chain plate which is at the bow of the boat. From my understanding the spinnaker DOES have to fly in front of the roller furling, not behind it. I also guess that the foot of the spinnaker would need to be above the bow pulpit.

·
Cal 9.2 SilverSwan
302 Posts
The most efficient way is to have a small bow sprit to allow the chute to be as unblanketed as possible. Asmetrics can be tacked to a device around the furled headsail to allow a down haul to pull the tack down if desired when attempting a close reach.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after a nights sleep you can figure things out. i will make a bracket that will bolt onto the front chainplate. I will be the same size as the chainplate. It will look like a crooked square with the top at the same angle as the hull. that will be were i will have the tack. thanks alot ken sailfast live slow perason 27 windy spirit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.