SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
beleive it or not leather to me at least outlasts all other materials

the rubber boots(what I currently have) get brittle, crack and chalk away...tape just gets undwinded and messy and unless you want sheeps wool to look like an old gaffer probably your best bet is leather well at least to me

plenty of choices really

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
I replaced my rubber boots last year because they had more wrinkles that my great grandmother. I bought new rubber and I was appalled at how poorly they fit. I added extra tape. Well, I'm not impressed with any rigging tape that I've used so far. It all seems to pull away after a time in the weather and become auxiliary telltales. I've heard good stuff about leather. They (whoever that might be) sell kits for about $75/pair. I'm considering getting some leather from a craft store, making some molds and stretch-forming some new ones. Gotta be different!
thats a bit expensive

there is treated raw hide that you can buy, you can also treat it yourself forget what you boil it with...

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.