SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone!

I am replacing my DC distribution panel. The old set up for the knotmeter - before me - is as follows:

* the transducer is wired to the display head, then the wire from the display head is attached to the panel. It has three wires - the red is attached to the knotmeter switch, the green is attached to the running lights switch (along with the red for the running lights), and the black is not attached at all. Doesn't seem right but...I'm not an electrician!

I want to make sure that the wiring is correct - any thoughts?

Thanks!
KK23 :confused:

·
Well-wisher
75 Posts
Check out their web site. If you can't find the appropriate manual, send them an email. I had an issue with my SR Mariner depth finder this spring and they responded with a detailed troubleshooting suggestion within hours.

It's really a shame they don't make the equipment anymore. Customer service like that can't be beat!

·
Ticon 30
162 Posts
Looking at an old Installation instruction sheet for my SR Mariner Knotmeter.
The black from the transmitter is hooked to the common screw which is in the center, on the diagram it shows lower than the others.
The diagram shows five screws, from left to right, the light switch, the common for the black, the transmitter, then two screws for the expanded scale. Mine was set up with a jumper wire, I added a switch so I could use both scales. Somehow four knots seems faster on the expanded scale.
I stopped into SR Mariner last summer when I couldn't get the expanded scale to work. It was a broken solder connection.
It was fixed, cleaned and calibrated all in about 15 minutes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts