SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that a dealer in So. America is selling on e-bay this remote. Does anyone have any experience with this unit and/or seller.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also purchased one and very pleased but I do wish there were some minor changes which I made myself. First the cabling wire is so tiny that it's hard to strip and attach. I used a heavier wire. So I would have another remote I ordered one on Ebay for $7 which worked fine with the unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't have any problem with the cable, in fact I liked it was thin because it was easy to run. About the remote you bought, did you have to code it? It's my understanding the remotes comes coded so your neighbour can't control your boat... could you share some info about this ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I say the cable was still too thin; I mean too small of gauge wire that was not stranded. About the remote, look for the four channel on EBay. It looks the same as the one you receive with the kit. Take the remote apart and look on the back side and you'll see where 2 jumpers needs to be added on the new remote. You'll need to be fairly good at soldering to do the job but once done it will work just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So these remotes are coded, excellent !
I have to say I love this product, it is not fancy as the Raymarine S100, but it hasn't all it's problems.

In few words, the best remote control you can buy for St1000/St2000. The only problem is you have to be lucky or monitor ebay they sell it pretty fast, good for Smart Marine!

·
Islander Yacht Fan
60 Posts
Gentlemen - I'm looking for more information on this unit as I am in the market for a decent and low-priced autopilot for my Islander Bahama 30 - with a wheel.

Googling SmartMarine ST100 did not produce the reults I expected - can you provide any additional details please....

Thank you
Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eric,
Smart Marine makes a remote control for Raymarine ST1000+ and ST2000+.
It is not an autopilot itself, it is the remote control (wireless).

·
Registered
48 Posts
So these remotes are coded, excellent !
I have to say I love this product, it is not fancy as the Raymarine S100, but it hasn't all it's problems.

In few words, the best remote control you can buy for St1000/St2000. The only problem is you have to be lucky or monitor ebay they sell it pretty fast, good for Smart Marine!
Not quite an exact copy of my AP-WRC1 although the last time I saw one on EBay it looked like my manual had been copied as well. They say imitation is the best form of flattery ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I say the cable was still too thin; I mean too small of gauge wire that was not stranded. About the remote, look for the four channel on EBay. It looks the same as the one you receive with the kit. Take the remote apart and look on the back side and you'll see where 2 jumpers needs to be added on the new remote. You'll need to be fairly good at soldering to do the job but once done it will work just fine.
Could you send me the link of the remote spare? Do you know the frecuency that it works ?
My smart marine remote stills works, I love it, but sometimes I can't find it and I would like to have one or two more remotes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you get stuck I'll be able to help you out but there will of course be a postage cost from Australia. The smart marine was copied from my early remotes so I have some of those type of fobs still.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its been over 3 years, but I'd like to revive this thread because I am looking for a wireless remote for my ST1000+. It has been several years now since Smart Marine sold any WRC-1's on Ebay. I'm hoping that perhaps Tymadman can offer some suggestions on where to find a cost-effective solution.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its been over 3 years, but I'd like to revive this thread because I am looking for a wireless remote for my ST1000+. It has been several years now since Smart Marine sold any WRC-1's on Ebay. I'm hoping that perhaps Tymadman can offer some suggestions on where to find a cost-effective solution.
Hi CrabGrabber,

I still sell my Madman Marine autopilot remote controls (the first model of which was copied by Smart Marine) through my online store and having been doing so for over 5 years now.
Unfortunately I am currently out of stock of both models that I sell, with more stock not expected until possibly December.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Tymadman!
And just a note to the management... please do not construe the above reply to be an ad since in reality it is highly valuable information that is very difficult to obtain otherwise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts