SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inherited a used ST60 wind system. When testing not on boat would not display wind speed. Direction indicator on display slowly turns counter clockwise continuously.

Wondering if there is a calibration that is required or if this instrument is toast. If it works fine - otherwise not cutting a hole in bulkhead for installation and no plans at this time to replace with a new one.

Anyone else experiencethis symptom?

Mike

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Have you checked the wiring to the transducer??

·
Registered
232 Posts
check the wiring as SD says. There is a calibration that involves making 2 360 degree circles but I don't recall. If you can't find the instructions on the Raymarine website - which takes a bit of time, but is do-able - pm me and I'll look it up in my manual. I'd need to know whether this the two display wind and closehauled system or a single display and if so - what is the display named. Good luck.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instruments are raytheon and Raymarine so that should give you an idea of when these three were purchased originally. The wind is Raytheon ST60 Wind. I cut the cable within a foot of transducer and respliced thinking the cable had been damaged removing from old mast - no change.

I tried walking in two (actually more than two) 30 foot dia circles with instrument powered up and transducer in my hand. no change.

Checked voltages to wires at transducer end using DC voltmeter. Not much there...

Mike

·
Registered
702 Posts
Was told that spinning the arrow twice slowly (like turning boat 2 circle) would initialize it. Give it a try. No need to take a walk.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Mike-

It could also be a problem with corrosion on the plug where the transducer attaches to the mast mounting base.
Instruments are raytheon and Raymarine so that should give you an idea of when these three were purchased originally. The wind is Raytheon ST60 Wind. I cut the cable within a foot of transducer and respliced thinking the cable had been damaged removing from old mast - no change.

I tried walking in two (actually more than two) 30 foot dia circles with instrument powered up and transducer in my hand. no change.

Checked voltages to wires at transducer end using DC voltmeter. Not much there...

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts