SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Starcraft Seaflieght 12.5 Manual

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SeaFlight 
#1 ·
Ahoy matey's - I recently picked up an old Starcraft Seaflight 12.5. There's a thread here on the boat, but is several years old and I don't know if any of the members are still active. One person said they had scanned the original manual into a file. Does anyone around here have a copy of it, and if so, can you either post it here, send it to me, or post it somewhere on the internet where I can download it?

Much obliged - Chris

#2 ·
Most of the owners manuals I have seen really don't say much about anything. Really more about warranty (woudl not mean much now) and were mostly typed out paper with very poor line drawings. So I would not stress about trying to find one. I believe that Starcraft seems to still be in business if this is still the same company. You might ask them if they have any archives. My only experience with them was a friend who had a small runabout ski boat and they really stood up for there products several years after the boat was out of warranty. They make campers as well I believe.

Starcraft Marine

#3 · (Edited)
I spent several hours the other day looking for info on that boat since I bought one about 15 years ago. Couldn't really find anything 'cept the old thread on Sailnet. As far as I could tell, the boat and trailer I got were "as sold" by Starcraft. So nothing was missing and the trailer was rigged to load the tunnel hull.

It's rigged like every other dinghy, just hank on the jib, use hoops or line to tie on the main. There is a cleat at the front of the dagger board to tie off the boom line, a swivel block mid-boom, one at pivot point of tiller and an eye to tie it off at the tiller handle. I learned to sail with it and had tons 'o fun.

I have the sails bagged in the attic if you need some measurements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.