SailNet Community banner
1 - 18 of 19 Posts

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to admit, we are getting tired of boat living. The past 3 years we seem to have not really gone anywhere, just the same places. Between covid and a broken shoulder half of our time has been mostly living on a boat and not cruising. We really only got into boating to see new places and if we aren't, why put up with boat living? At the moment we are at anchor getting hammered by a thunderstorm for the second day in a row hoping not to blow into the shoal 100' away. And it's HOT in the boat, but cool outside that isn't of use with all the hatches shut. And the lightning just made us jump.

When the suck to fun ratio just gets way out of whack I just have wonder why the hell we are doing this!

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Fyi - if people think i haven't see anything the last 5 years they are greatly wrong!

And those that are edging toward snarky remarks I have advise for you, but Mark would send me a note, so don't go there.

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
If some here think I wanted or expected unknown posters here to "fix" my boating attitude etc.
THEY ARE WRONG!

The thread is, just that because you get into boat cruising it doesn't mean life is all great and that you have to love it soooooo much forever. That's the glossy magnazine world of cruising and I have yet to experience one of those weeks really. I got into this expecting it to be mostly just as it has been. I put up with that in order to do the other parts I got into it for. But if covid and family issues keep getting in the way there isn't much reason to stay living on a boat.

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Feeling better this morning:
  • got 4 nights of pretty good sleep
  • am getting more used to the heat
  • it is raining out, but it is still morning and the rain is making it cooler
  • weather forecast looks look for doing a nice 170 mile leg using the white floppy things
  • went and saw my 97 year old great aunt yesterday and she seems in good spirits
  • got to go to the movies last night for only second time in 2 years
  • yes there is a beer brewery here in walking distance and it is open today
  • bug bites are mostly healed

but is still living on a boat
  • raining, so not getting solar yet and it has been couple days since batteries fully charged
  • the Honda generator appears to be having an issue and/or there is an electrical issue in the boat I can not understand
  • holding tank getting full
  • there isn't really anywhere to take the trash
  • don't have any hot/warm water and ..... the Honda is acting up

normal boat day, just like in the magazines :)

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
First time I went to the Bahamas I had to stop looking over the side because it always looked that I was running aground. The water is about the only reason to put up with the Bahamas.

·
bell ringer
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
My cruising attitude would be much better if the world start admitting that the silly test of fully vacinated people, who even have had the booster, to travel to your country that has had Covid there for over a year, is just silly "make it look good" words.

Your citizens/economy want my money or not?

1 - 18 of 19 Posts