SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
We stopped living on our sailboat over 5 years ago. We enjoyed it, but I don't miss it.

Next we got into trailer sailing. Spent about 4 years doing that.

We enjoyed trailer sailing and will likely go back to it, but this year we are trying RVing.

I think it's great.

More comfortable than living on a boat and easier to cover miles. It is similar to cruising on a boat in the range of options.

You can stay at a highly serviced RV park with loads and amenities and little privacy.

You can totally off grid and just park off a logging road by some mountain lake.

And there is just about everything in between.

Lots of stuff to try.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Didn't do the wild... did the "culture"... Not a camper, or a hiker either... and at this age not even possible.
A lot of the RV's I see around here aren't really doing the wild camping thing. The RV is a means to travel, sometimes seasonally, some times more frequently. Many are 50 amp service water and sewage hook ups' big screen TVs. They are every bit as comfortable as 4 or 45 ft sail boats, and then some due to the outdoor living space.

This guy pulled in down from us Friday night. Big class C, with electric slide outs. The trailer it's towing is a fully equipped motorcycle garage with tools, lights, air compressor and 2 motorcycles; street bike and a competition style dirt bike.

Cloud Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Plant

Then there are your buses and 5th wheels, they can be pretty comfy too.
Sky Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel

There are some nice ones that are more like a trailer sailer in comfort, just a bed and place to cook, but they are the exception, not the rule.
Tire Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Tree

1 - 4 of 4 Posts