SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Cape Dory MKII hull #3
581 Posts
from Don

".. When the suck to fun ratio just gets way out of whack I just have wonder why the hell we are doing this! "
============================

Google is your friend or not?
----------------
When I start a piece of work with a client, I want to know two things straight away: why are they doing this work, and what do they want to achieve when it's finished. You may be surprised (though I'm not any more) to hear that in most cases no-one actually knows. - Author: Donna Spencer
----------------------

You know, comments about style always seem strange to me - 'why do you work in this style, or in that style' - as if you had a choice in the matter ... What you're doing is trying to stay alive and continue and not die. - Author: Philip Guston
-------------------------

It was very necessary I think 'cause you know, when the band's over, or at least in our heads, for a year it makes you really realize how lucky you are to be doing this and why piss in the well? - Author: Jess Margera
----------------------

don't undestand a single thing about me or Michael or Becky or my brother or anything on this ****ty planet.
--------------------
Life and whatever you do in your time in this world should not be a chore. You will be spending a lot of time doing it anyway. Every moment should be fuelled by your passion. It's your reason. It's your why. - Author: Kevin Abdulrahman
------------------------
I don't understand why people in this country are so bent on doing the 'perfect', when you have something that is good and makes sense from a cost-benefit point of view. - Author: George Voinovich
------------------

Why are you more concerned with where you're going than where you are? Why are you more concerned with what you're going to do than what you're doing? Why aren't you paying attention to how you live your life right this very moment? Why are you wasting this moment? Why are you wasting your life? - Author: Colin Beavan

Why are you doing this to yourself? When something bad happens, why do you have to pick at it until it bleeds all over again? - Author: Jodi Picoult

·
Registered
581 Posts
Izzy

Cannot say he did not warn you
You see, we may have different ideas on how to react to his question, and each one has tried on their own way, to be helpful.
Not sure about you.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have no idea of where or how I will live.

Damn.
[/QUOTE]
========================
you will (live)
divorce lawyers, very expensive!!!
Is she done with cruising or with the boat?

·
Registered
581 Posts
========================

She's done with cruising, boats, boat people, cruisers, ssca, morning nets, and any conversation, let alone direct contact, with topic or product...
=================================
ooops!!
time out needed.!!!!
no time for big decisions
time has a funny way to mellow and soften reactions.
Just noticed have repeated time x 4, a message here ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
trying to understand this argument following the "rules" of what an argument is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The premises of this argument is
"fully vaccinated people do not need been tested"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the conclusion is
" fully vacinated person has covid, they AREN'T bringing it to your covid free place"
================================================================

In logic and philosophy, an argument is a series of statements (in a natural language), called the premises or premisses (both spellings are acceptable), intended to determine the degree of truth of another statement, the conclusion.[1][2][3][4][5] The logical form of an argument in a natural language can be represented in a symbolic formal language, and independently of natural language formally defined "arguments" can be made in math and computer science.

·
Registered
581 Posts
young couple (everybody looks younger to me) just returned from their northeast summer cruising, they decided to put the boat for sale, looks like may try farming?for the little pieces I was able to get, will be meeting with them some time later.
They started about 3 years ago, no previous experience on sailing, first boat, a 36 ft C&C?, his idea was to circumnavigate.
My reaction was to start smaller and expand, first season spent on the Bahamas and returned with mixed feelings, swimming and snorkeling was good, the routine and living in close quarters not so much.
They decided to try again, on the northeast, not sure what path actually they took, on return as mentioned boat for sale and moving on.
I give them a high mark, they set a goal and gave it an honest try.
And more importantly, they are still a couple!!!
Could things have worked different with different planning?may be.
We expect more boats will be coming into the market as the pandemic craziness wears off and all those fantasy and unrealistic plans end.
Sailing is a sport and physical activity like many other sports, cruising on the other hand is a way of life, a way of life that requires sailing skills as well as personality traits that are unique, not everybody meet those requirements.
And of course, the initial question on this thread opened the reality nothing is forever, and we change on our goals and lifestyle as time and circumstances change.
Only if we are flexible enough may pursue our search of living to our full potential, and that my dear Watson is the question.

Sayonara and Mahalo plenty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts