SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a Starwind 19 footer. I am trying to rig it. The manual that came with it unfortunatley doesn't mention anything about where the backstay attaches or the main sheet for that matter. I contacted the former owner who never rigged it always had a marina far away from me do it. I've looked for info and pictures on the web and finding nothing. Does anyone have information about how this riggs? Thank you,
Bill Drucklieb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I'll check out the video and picture. There is a metal loop on the rear handrail that slides, there are also two adjustable collars that limit the swing of that slider. I think the main sheet pully hooks up there. Problem is the backstay doesnt hseem to have any mounting place within reach of the cable. Could be I'm missing 2 turnbuckles at the ends. I'll look at references mentioned and look at boat again tomorrow. Night time here in NJ also huge storms tonight... Thanks again!
BD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input folks but my boat is different There are 2 different models... The Starwind Ninteen and the Spindrift 19. I believe both of those in the pic and the u-tube video are Spindrift 19's I have the Starwind Ninteen. The transoms are different as well as the stern rail. Looks like the boats pictured in these posts are using a single mounting point to the starboard of the rudder. Mine uses a pulley system. Although those examples are making me Think I can work out how my rig attaches to the sternrail. Thanks for the info so far. BD

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah the pulley system is used to tighten up the back stay for racing the 2 standing riding lines connect to either side of the stainless tube on your transom and connect to a turn buckle

·
Registered
Starwind 19
2 Posts
Hello Bill my name is Nick I live in Nokomis Florida and I also have a Starwind 19. I read that you have a copy of the manual for the Starwind 19. I had one too but it was lost during a home and office move. Is your manual produced by Wellcraft as mine was (written by a woman I can't recall her name)? Would you be willing to make a copy either print and mail or scan and send PDF by email for me? And willing to send some money to you via PayPal for your time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts