SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have davits on my boat and when the dinghy is up the stern light is covered by the dinghy. I also have a masthead tri color that I use but I want to rig another stern light and maybe mount it on the davits some how. Has anyone run into this?

Tartan 3800
LUNA

·
Registered
295 Posts
I found a small stern light and mounted it on the solar panel. The forward panel lifts up for excess to the stern ladder.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I have seen a temporary detacable light adapted to mount right on the dinghy when the dinghy is on the davits.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,425 Posts
I did something similar to what Mainesail has and it works well for us, matter of fact I find it to have less glare above the bimini.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought an Aqua Signal stern light and a pulpit bracket. I replaced the nuts on the bracket with wingnuts and wired the light with allegator clips. I can put it up on the davit cross support bar in about two minutes and clip the light to the house battery in the rear lazerette when needed. And when not needed, the light can be stowed away.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mainsail, What a Beautiful Boat!

Mainsail, just thought I would let you know how beautiful your boat is. That looks like a professional shot for a magazine cover. Wow! I am still plugging along with my '81 Catalina 30. She will look nice some day:)

Fair winds, Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts