SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place to store a small (26-foot) sailboat on the hard for a year? I'm going to move to Boston for 2014, and would like to store my Westerly Centaur for that time. Since I will be far away and rarely visiting the boat, I can afford to choose an inconvenient location in order to get a better price.

Any suggestions will be gratefully considered.

Joe

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Sheltered Harbor Marina in Dundalk / Baltimore ... cheap as chips

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,293 Posts
Sorry, cant help you much with a recommendation...but I would add that if you tell them up front its a year, you may get a cheaper quote, but only mention it after you get the first quote ;)

FWIW Baltimore marinas are probably pretty competitive I would think, Ferret may have a good suggestion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely look into the Baltimore-area marinas, as I've seen some good prices there before. Do you know any more details about "Sheltered Harbor Marina"? I couldn't find anything about them on the Web--no listing, no website, no phone...

·
美國佬
621 Posts
I found this on marinalife.com :

In Dundalk, MD, Sheltered Harbor Marina is located at 8100 Stansbury Road. Maryland boaters can always be found in the waters of Dundalk. Contact Sheltered Harbor Marina at 410-288-4100.

Latitude: 39.25449
Longitude: -76.49861

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Eastern shore marina's are generally less expensive also.
I'd hunt for the ones with a real shallow entrance as with the centaur you don't draw much.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Harbor North Marina (410-885-5656), up near the W end of the C&D Canal. I was quoted $20/lf for off season stow, plus pull and splash. A full year plus P&S should be reasonable. Only thing is *quite* shallow and narrow entry. hey do *some* sails/sales; but are geared more towards power boats. I spent last Winter there after buying my Watkins from them.

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place to store a small (26-foot) sailboat on the hard for a year? I'm going to move to Boston for 2014, and would like to store my Westerly Centaur for that time. Since I will be far away and rarely visiting the boat, I can afford to choose an inconvenient location in order to get a better price.

Any suggestions will be gratefully considered.

Joe
Youngs Marina...Old Road Bay at the end of the Patapsco. $18 ft includes haul wash block relaunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts