SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 16th of November 2008 the Brisbane area was lashed by a number of storms. I was here at the Marina in Scarborough when they hit, damage to the surrounding suburbs was monumental.

Here is the link to a vid storm
and the photos of a 1985 Bene 45 on the hard stand here itt was lifted off its cradle and written off.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Thud... Looks like the boatyard was actually lucky in that they didn't get the domino effect.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ouch. I guess it was blown over by the wind, or was it storm surge?

- CD

PS Nice Nordhavn there beside it - a 46 I believe.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Holy crap! Great video Simon.

Are houses in Qld all built of brick like they are in other parts of Aus.? (WA)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ouch. I guess it was blown over by the wind, or was it storm surge?

- CD

PS Nice Nordhavn there beside it - a 46 I believe.
My expert motorboat skills say that is not a Nordhavn 46 ill get back to you with the name but this is a 46 nordhavn look at those stabilizers this one is just down the road very beautiful boat if your into that sorta motorboat thing

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
That's quite the insane storm video, thanks for sharing!

Looking at the boat yard photo's, I don't see jackstands. What do you all use to support boats on the hard down there? Looks to be some sort of one size fits all cradle.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Nice one, Simon.

I wonder what anchors the boats in the river were using? I noticed in one of the videos (there's dozens from different vantage points) that downtown Brisbane has a river with moorings in it and the boats seemed to be there after the storm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts